Never been to Spain.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Rockin' the vote in the DTES

I am registering people to vote in the DTES (Downtown Eastside) and in the next few days and weeks, I'll be posting some stories about getting Vancouver's poorest citizens to register for the polls. I've signed up a lot of people who have never voted, or not voted in decades. BC will make a difference this time and the election may be close. I have to remain painfully apolitical and non-partisan while doing this work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I could remain apolitical while doing that. I'd want to argue why they should vote, & who they would best be served by. Sure as hell ain't the Liberals or the Conservatives, anyway. I don't think Green has much to say about Canada's poorest postal code either. Too worried about tax cuts & hybrid cars & wind power to be concerned with the grindingly poor addicts, sex workers, homeless &/or mentally ill of the DTES. Pretty much down to voting NDP & hoping they'll get a few more MPs to swing the whole apparatus leftward.