Never been to Spain.

Friday, May 28, 2004

supersize me- food thought for the day

I saw Supersize Me last night and the creator/star really did hold nothing back. I was considerably digusted by the thought of McDonald's food when I left the theatre. Checked out the website and some guy is posting on the forum, about doing a 90-day McD's diet- and losing weight and cholesterol in the process! I'm more than a bit skeptical.

Fortunately, today's lunch was catered by the amazingly sweet and considerate wife of a coworker. She is an amazing cook, if a little unconcerned about fat content.

I went back to forage for seconds and when she noticed me picking the radishes off the veggie plate, she handed me a ziplock filled with radishes, because she remembered that "someone liked radishes" and she wanted to make sure they got their radishes. I mentioned I liked radishes about a year ago, the last time she catered one of our lunches and she remembered!

Food is a complex issue in humans- cravings, nurture, comfort, addiction, excess, expressing caring for one another - food plays a role in all these things. Oh and I almost forgot: profit margins, too.

No comments: